Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Why create this blog?

There are a lot of reasons for this blog.

One is that I'd like to offer readers prayers, devotions, and insights into prayer.

The others more selfish- my own devotion time has been lacking lately and I need a way to pray, and meditate on God's Word. I journal better on a weblog than long-hand in a notebook, so in many ways this is like a personal prayer journal for me, it's just open to the public.

And to be honest, this is a way to compile writings in hopes of being published some day.

I guess that in some ways I'm a frustrated preacher. I'm not an ordained pastor, I used to teach in a Christian school, but now I'm at a public school and I actually DO believe in and want to honor the "separation-of-church-and-state," so that leaves me feeling "bottled-up" of as the Prophet put it:

Jeremiah 20:9 But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

In other words, this blog is a way for me to vent. It's an outlet Spiritual frustration.

I hope that you come away from this blog fed. I hope it's not ALL selfish.

In Him,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment