Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Revolutionary idea

'Trying on New Eyes'
By Travis Mamone, Relevant Magazine


Unfortunately, I do not see Jesus in the faces of the poor, or anyone else for that matter. I see everyone as idiots...

In my head I cursed him out and wished that every bad thing would happen to him. Suddenly an idea popped into my head: why not pray for him? So I did. I swallowed my pride, and prayed that God would bless him and guide him throughout his life. After I finished praying, I felt relieved. Instead of wasting my energy thinking negatively of him, I let go.


Read the entire article

Hard to do. We need to pray to ask God to help us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute us. But what if instead of voting against people, or arguing against them, we prayed FOR them. Hmmm... I wonder how it could change things.


No comments:

Post a Comment