From October 2007 on my main blog-
I've offended dearly loved friends by being so frustrated with them for seeing the Bush administration in a favorable light. I'm sorry, sue me.
Right is right and wrong is wrong, or as they teach you when learning how to mount a horse, "left is right and right is wrong."
You'll know a tree by it's fruit. Jesus said that. So okay, look at Republican policies and this Administration, then look at all those "bleeding heart liberals" (including Jimmy Carter) that you think are such America-haters and unpatriotic, slimy socialist- Which group has the right kind of fruit? Check out Galatians chapter 5 (it's in the Bible).
- sexual immorality (Senator Craig, Senator Foley, Pastor Ted Haggard...)
- impurity and debauchery
- idolatry (Ronald Reagan, god of all that is 'Right') and
- witchcraft (Nancy Reagan's Astrologers)
- hatred (nooses in trees, torture at Abu Ghraib, xenophobia, racial profiling, gay bashing, alarm about illegal immigration, etc. etc....)
- discord (The religious right, the Big-business right, the internationalist right, the Neo-Con right, the gun-nut right, the nut-job in the woods in a militia and or white supremist group right....)
- jealousy (First Bill Clinton, now Hillary Clinton)
- fits of rage ( Vice President Cheney telling people to "F--- Off" all the time)
- selfish ambition (MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY, MONEY... big oil, Enron, stock portfolios, the Carlyle Group, Haliburton, did I mention big oil?
- factions and
- envy (did I mention the Clintons?)
- drunkenness (Tom DeLay, Dennis Hastert, and oh yeah, is 'W' a "dry-drunk?" How come no one cares that he usded to have a cocaine problem, but they freaked out when they heard that Bill Clinton once tried pot?)
- orgies, and the like (well, okay, who doesn't like a good orgy? Republican or Democrat)
- love (see also compassion, empathy, caring...)
- peace (blessed are the peacemakers, who said that? Hmmmm)
- patience (okay, not me)
- gentleness and (you're right, not me again, or any other political humorist or cartoonist)
- self-control (yeah, I know- obviously I need to work on this one otherwise I wouldn't go off on rants like this or let my blood pressure go up every time someone compares George W. Bush to Abe Lincoln or Jesus or whoever. Breath, breath, find your happy place...)