Monday, June 28, 2010

Liz's PrayerPoints ~ Accountability

Here's an outstanding meditation from a dear friend of min in Indiana-


Today's PrayerPoint ~ Accountability

What is it with me and needing accountability? Why can't I just do the better thing because it is the better thing?

Drink more water...

Exercise 3 or more times per week...

Eat 20 grams of fiber each day...

Consistent and lengthy time in God's Word...

I will be working through Romans this week, drinking more water, biking each day that it doesn't rain, and eating 5 or more servings of fruit/veggies each day. Oh yea--no diet coke this week either. No pop at all...I have switched to unsweetened tea....

So, pray for me as I make the changes I need to make. I have flirted with them all (and others) during the course of my life. But they need to be a life style and not just a passing phase like hair and clothing styles.

Paul mentions to the Romans that he wants to "be mutually encouraged by each other's faith"....so tell me, or anyone else of your choosing, where have you seen God working in your life? or changing your heart about a matter? or answering a prayer? or sustaining you with His strength? How many times have I been too busy to see God's work or too lazy to contemplate and encourage someone else with the news. Sharing God's work in our lives is an important component to our spiritual health....

Take the time to notice His work, thank Him for it, and encourage someone else with His Good News....

Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment