Monday, January 06, 2014

Personal request for prayer-cover

Last Sunday I was installed as President of our church council. I'm not bragging to you, if anything I'm humbled to have been voted on, although its almost more of a volunteer position since so few people even want to serve on the church council. At any rate, while presumably the responsibility will be pretty mundane, even banal, I take it pretty seriously. Although, one former president has shared stories with me of anger, vandalism and threats that he received. I don't foresee any major controversies for us in the next year or two.


At any rate, if you're a regular reader of this blog or a "friend" of the facebook page, I'd still like to ask you to pray for me. Please ask Him to grant me wisdom, patience, deference, humility and whatever else He thinks I should have for this role. 

Please also pray for St. John Charter Oak; that we would live up to our mission statement "offering with open arms, the love of Christ." 

Thank you all. 
Me ka pule*,
Pirate Ted

("*Me Ka Pule" means "with prayers," in Hawaiian in case anybody was wonderin')
The prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment