Friday, December 07, 2007

Iowa's Senator Grassley crusades against charlatans


Here's the cartoon I drew for the Dec. 13 Mapleton PRESS.

Hot issue. Gotta confess, I sometimes like to listen to Bishop T.D. Jakes and Robert Shueler- but I never send them money. I love Rick Warren, but I think that he's actually on the up and up, unlike these other guys. I really worry about my friends and family who watch Osteen all the time, but whatchya gonna do but pray for 'em?

On the one hand:
It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

~Philippians 1:15-18

On the other hand:
"The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister." ~Bono, U2

No comments:

Post a Comment