Thursday, November 18, 2004

American Prayer - by U2

American Prayer:
This is the time to finish what you started
This is no time to dream
This is the room
We can turn off the dark tonight
Maybe then we might see
This is my American Prayer
American Prayer
This is the land
The land that keeps your feet from getting wet
And this is the sky over our head
Remember that what you see depends on where you stand
And how you jump will tell you where you're gonna land
This is my American Prayer
American Prayer

Chorus:
My oh my, let's not get tired
Let's not kick at the darkness
Let's make the light brighter
These are the hands
What are we going to build with them?
This is a church you can't see
Give me your tired and poor and huddled masses
You know they're yearning to breathe free.

No comments:

Post a Comment