Monday, November 08, 2004

Portals of Prayer

Portals of Prayer

If you're at all like me, sometimes you're just so exhausted that you want to give up. Maybe you feel alone or even abandoned by God.
This morning I read a devotion in "Portals of Prayer," a quarterly devotional magazine (click on the link above) and I feel like God tried His best to reassure me that everything's gonna be alright:

"I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." ~Isaiah 41:9-10

Prayer:

Lord,

I don't understand why on Earth, You'd ever choose me.
Some days it feels like everyone else has rejected me.
I get scared, remind me that You're always here with me.
I get discouraged and disapointed, help me to trust in You as my God.
Strengthen me and help me
Hold me up with Your powerful touch and Your mighty right hand.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment