Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Found on my main blog in November 2004

Matthew 7:15-23
Beware "Conservative-Christian" friends! Religiosity is politically expedient. Don't be surprised if Bush and the Neocons sell you out. For all their talk about "moral values" like gay-marriage bans and overturning Roe v. Wade.


'Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don't be impressed with charisma; look for character.

'Knowing the correct password--saying 'Master, Master,' for instance--isn't going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience--doing what my Father wills. I can see it now--at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, 'Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.' And do you know what I am going to say? 'You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important. You don't impress me one bit. You're out of here.' ~Matthew 7:15-23 (the Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment