Friday, February 16, 2007

From St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in North Huntington, Pennsylvania's website:

A Husband's Prayer

Blessed are you, my Gracious God, who gave me my wife; she became flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood.
I thank you for everything she stands for in my life.
Help me to understand, Lord, that because she is different from me and because of her unique qualities, she adds so much to what I am.
Her sensitivity and her love fulfill me harmoniously.
I promise, Lord, to stand next to her through life and to be a loving husband.
I thank you, Lord, for the way I am enriched by being in touch with her feelings.
I feel fulfilled and happy, Lord, when I can count her warm presence, sharing in all the varied aspects of my life.
She has become part of my being.
I ask you, Lord, passionately protect our love for each other.
May it always remain faithful and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment