Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Old Lutheran - The Lutheran Party

Old Lutheran - The Lutheran Party: "The Lutheran Party
by Eric Iverson

Two weeks ago I was idly browsing the personals, when I saw an ad for a Lutheran Party. Now I don't normally respond to these things, but I couldn't help noticing that I not only happened to be Lutheran, but was also a great lover of parties. It seemed like the perfect match, and so I wrote the following letter:

Dear People,
I was heartened and a bit surprised to see your ad for the Lutheran Party, as I was not aware that such a party existed. I am currently a Democrat, but after this latest election I guess I'm willing to try just about anything. To show my devotion to your cause I have drafted the following:

A POLITICAL PLATFORM FOR THE LUTHERAN PARTY

In many ways a political platform for the Lutheran Party goes against our grain. What with our motto 'Anything worth changing is probably just as worth keeping the same' and all, a piece of paper with a bunch of big ideas on it just isn't the way we do things. In fact, under a Lutheran Administration, about the only thing that might change is that we might get to that fence out back that needs a coat or two of paint (that is if we can decide on a color). Nevertheless, here are a few things we as the Lutheran Party could maybe think about doing." READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment