Monday, February 19, 2007

Support our troops

I am one of those people who believe that the Iraq war was wrong, but just because I oppose the President, does not mean that I don't suppor our troops. I have too many students enlisted or enlisting to not care about them. Now, I think that means giving them the safety equipment they need when they go over, having an actual plan, and providing them and their families with health care and benefits including mental health care when they they come home. With that in mind, the greatest way we can support them is with our prayers, so here is one of those email forwards that I recently received:

Prayer Request

Visiting with my former comrades, I understand that life in Iraq and Afghanistan is very difficult to bear right now with the rise of insurgency . Our troops need our prayers for strength, endurance and safety.

Copy & paste this into an email and send this on after a short prayer;

"Lord,
hold our troops in your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us.
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need.
Amen."


When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our troops around the world.
There's nothing attached; just send this to all in your address book. Do not let it stop with you, please - of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine deployed in harm's way, prayer is the very best!!!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment