Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent2010- Ad te, Domine, levavi

1To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2O my God, in You I trust,
Do not let me be ashamed;
Do not let my enemies exult over me.
3Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed;
Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.
4Make me know Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
5Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
For You I wait all the day.

Read All of Psalm 25 (American Standard Translation)

"Ad te, Domine, levavi" is the first line (in Latin) of Psalm 25, traditionally used by Western churches as the gradual in the liturgy for the first Sunday in Advent.

What an image, to lift (levavi) up our soul to God. This time of year we can face a lot of stress, tighter schedules, bills, shopping, deadlines, bad weather, and looking back at the year or at people we've lost. Lots of people struggle with depression. This is the perfect time to look up, to look toward God, what He's done for us and what He promises to do. 

It's the perfect time to look up, to lift our spirits, to lift up our tired, achy souls to God, so that He can refresh and renew us.

No comments:

Post a Comment