Tuesday, November 02, 2010

THANX | 02- Family & Affection

"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him." ~Psalm 127:3


I'm on a break from coaching cheerleading between football and basketball seasons, that means that (at least until games start up again, I have a little more time for my own family during the week. Last night, that meant giving my wife a break from driving our oldest girl to Occupational Therapy in Sioux City. 

This meant that I got to spend from 4:30-8:30 with my daughter, driving up, shopping, waiting for her during OT, and supper. What a great chance to visit about school and friends and life in general.

Thank you, Lord for Grace. I enjoy spending time with her and I'm so proud of her. Thank you for the chance to be with her so much last night.

This morning, once I got all the lunches packed and breakfast served and medicine doled out, I actually had a few minutes before I needed to get on the road to work, so I sat down in an over-stuffed chair. Before long, the middle daughter crawled onto my lap and was telling me about her school day Monday. 

Competitive as they are, our youngest snuggled up too, so that suddenly I was blanked in daughters like a warm quilt. Granted, they both told me that I should dye my goatee- but what a blessing!

Thank you, Lord for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment