Monday, November 01, 2010

THANX | 01- Beginning an experiment, get back in touch

Some years I've tried to write devotions during Advent or Lent. This year, I'd like to try something different. I feel like I really want to nurture an attitude of gratitude. I also want to practice making my writing more brief and concise. So everyday of November, up until Thanksgiving- I will simply thank God for something I am grateful for. My challenge to you readers is to try to do the same.


"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy" ~Philippians 1:3


Thank You Lord, for friends. I recently got back in touch with a former student whom I hadn't heard from in at least 2 years. It was good to find out that she's doing well.

Thank You Lord, for mentors and mentees. A couple of weeks ago a speaker at a conference encouraged us to make contact with someone who made a difference in our lives and let them know how much they meant to us. I wasn't sure how to reach a former pastor and some former professors, so I started with former students who had changed some of how I thought and taught. Eventually I managed to reach the people who had mentored me. It may have just been small notes, but it certainly reminded me of how much God has blessed me through other people.

Challenge- who has God put in your life who has mentored you, or whom you've had the opportunity to mentor. Thank God for using those people in your life and as long as you're thinking about it, make an effort to thank them too- maybe with a phone call or a letter, maybe just an email or a note on facebook. You'll make their day and help to foster an attitude of gratitude in others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment