Friday, November 19, 2010

THANKS 19 | TGIF

Yeah, this may sound pretty selfish, worldly, or even glib- but some weeks one of the greatest things you're thankful for is Friday. So as a matter of fact, today, I for one say, Thank God it's Friday!

It's not the least bit sacrilegious if you mean it, and this week I really mean it!

In the spirit of this blog, I could probably go off on how if you appreciate having a 40 hour or 5 day work week you should thank a Liberal/Union/Progressive/Etc. But I'm tired and want to head home. Bottom line is, I could spread this out and talk about how grateful we should be to live in such a modern country with such a high standard of living, yadda yadda yadda, there's not weekends of in Somalia or Haiti or the Solomon Islands, etc. etc.

But the fact is I am blessed enough to live here and have a decent job and when I've had a hard week, I'm very blessed to have a couple of days of rest, recreation, relief, and recovery. This is a huge blessing and a lavish luxury that, goes without saying, most of us take for granted.

So it is entirely fitting and appropriate that we should thank God for it.

Thank God, it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment